The Highlands Eating Disorder Treatment Center Blog
Client Creations: Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
February 3, 2017 by Ronda Cannon in Eating Disorder Treatment, Nutrition Therapy, Recovery and SupportBaked Chicken Cordon Bleu with Parmesan Panko Crust
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 servings
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
4 slices thin of ham
4 slices thin of Swiss cheese
3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan
1 tbsp butter
Leaves from 6 sprigs of thyme
Salt and Pepper
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1 tbsp Lemon juice
Few grinds of fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Using a meat mallet, flatten the chicken breasts till they are 1/4" thick. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper on
3. Place slice of ham on laid out chicken, then top with slice of Swiss cheese.
4. Tightly roll the chicken breast and then secure with a toothpick. Trim off any dangling pieces of chicken if
5. Combine melted butter, thyme, breadcrumbs and Parmesan and mix to combine. Add salt till it tastes sufficiently
salted. Beat eggs in separate dish.
6. Working in batches, lightly dust the exterior of the rolled chicken with flour, being careful not to flour the interior
7. Dip chicken into beaten eggs and let excess egg drip off.
8. Roll the chicken into the breadcrumb mixture till it is evenly coated and place on greased baking sheet.
9. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until interior reaches 165 degrees.
10. Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes and serve.
1. Combine all ingredients and heat in microwave for 2 minutes, or until hot.
2. Serve along side chicken.
Cooking time will vary depending on the meat's thickness and size of the chicken breast.
I recommend covering the chicken in plastic wrap when pounding with the meat mallet. This will prevent splattering.
1 box (1 lb) rotini pasta
1 bag of shredded carrots
1 pint container of cherry tomatoes, halved.
Green beans cut into bite sized pieces and/or
Broccoli cut into little chunks