For the ProfessionalProfessionals who treat clients with eating disorders need to have a facility to which they can refer those who need a higher level of care. At The Highlands, we work with mental health providers, physicians, dietitians and other professionals to serve as a primary resource for these referrals. Our team works to capitalize on the progress you have already made with your client, while taking it to a more intensive level through a comprehensive treatment program. The staff at The Highlands is experienced in addressing the physical, mental and emotional aspects of eating disorders, co-occurring symptoms, and related conditions. We believe there are several components that make up an effective treatment program:
- Assessing co-occurring disorders.
- Identifying and treating underlying issues.
- Working with families to strengthen relationships to promote recovery.
- Working to develop positive food-related behaviors in an environment that facilitates freedom and health instead of mandated compliance.
- Establishing a trust-based, honest, and positive relationship between each client and the primary therapist and dietitian.